The Open Source License
The open source license for the APPX Business Applications offers many advantages:
- The APPX Business Applications are licensed under the GPL with the APPX Supplemental License
- The Open Source license is FREE!
- The source code is included and is free.
- You are allowed to modify the applications.
- You are allowed to copy and redistribute the applications with or without your changes.
The APPX Business Applications are licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL) with the APPX Supplemental License.
1 November 2005 The terms of this APPX Supplemental License do not replace or restrict the terms of the GPL but rather grant additional rights and privileges which are not prohibited and which may not be specifically granted by the GPL. Definitions:
- An APPX Application consists of a distinct set of data files containing the design specifications (data definitions and process definitions) which together fully define the functionality of a computer application.
- The Licensed Application refers to the APPX Application to which this license applies.
- The APPX Utility (APPX) is a fully integrated development and runtime environment consisting of the APPX Engine, the APPX Design Environment, the APPX Runtime Environment, and a variety of related utility programs. The APPX Utility is a separately licensed commercial product.
- The APPX Engine is a virtual machine (i.e. an interpreter) capable of compiling and executing the design specifications of an APPX Application.
- The APPX Design Environment provides the capability to edit the design of an APPX Application.
- The APPX Runtime Environment is an APPX Application that includes data definitions and process definitions that are required for the execution of any APPX Application by the APPX Engine.
- The Source Code for an APPX Application consists of the distinct set of data files containing the design specifications of the APPX Application. These files are in the preferred form for making modifications. The APPX Design Environment directly maintains these files.
- The object code or executable form of an APPX Application is referred to as an Executable Module (EM). An EM contains the design of an APPX process in a form that has been compiled (optimized) for execution by the APPX Engine. An EM is not directly executable by the computer’s operating system and does not include any object code or executable code created by environments other than APPX.
- An Independent Module is any distinct software object in source code, object code, or executable form such as a program, an application, a subprogram, or a library whose source code is not derived from or based on the source code of the Licensed Application and whose intended functionality does not depend in any way on being linked with the Licensed Application.
- A Dependent Module is any distinct software object in source code, object code, or executable form such as a program, an application, a subprogram, or a library whose intended functionality depends partially or wholly on being linked with the Licensed Application.
- A Derivative Module is any distinct software object in source code, object code, or executable form such as a program, an application, a subprogram, or a library whose source code is partially or wholly derived from or based on the source code of the Licensed Application.
- As a special exception to Section 3 of the GPL, you are hereby granted the right to link the Licensed Application with one or more separately licensed, Independent Modules thereby creating a Combined Work, despite the fact that the licenses of the various Independent Modules within the Combined Work may not be compatible with version 2 of the GPL, provided that you also meet, for each linked Independent Module, the terms and conditions of the license of that Independent Module. The terms and conditions of the GPL need not apply to such Independent Modules. However, the terms and conditions of the GPL do still apply when a Combined Work is created as the result of linking the Licensed Application with a Dependent Module.
- As a special exception to Section 3 of the GPL, you are hereby granted the right to copy and distribute in object code or executable form any Combined Work created by linking the Licensed Application with one or more Independent Modules (to the extent allowed by the licenses of the Independent Modules), provided that every copy of the Combined Work is accompanied by a complete copy of the source code of the Licensed Application (the version of the Licensed Application used to produce the Combined Work) being distributed under the terms of the GPL plus this APPX Supplemental License. The source code of any Independent Modules within the resulting Combined Work is not required to be distributed.
- As a special exception to Section 3 of the GPL, the source code distributed need not include anything that is normally distributed (in either source or binary form) as part of the APPX Utility.
End of APPX Supplemental License